Sunday lunch prep has become part of my weekly routine. My husband works full time as a gardener and is always on the go. Before I started doing Sunday lunch prep for him, his lunches during the week were hit and miss. Some days he would have time to pick up fast food (ick) or sometimes he would go a day without lunch.
After much experimentation, I give you my husband’s favorite lunch. It fills him up until dinner and he is happy to eat it cold.
- 2 cups rice (I prefer short grain white rice)
- 16 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups chicken stock (or you can use water plus bullion)
- 4 or 5 cilantro stems
- 12 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 2 tsp guacamole salsa (I found it at Walmart)
- 1 lime
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs tender beef (I use stir fry strips)
- 3 to 4 tbsp taco or carne asada seasoning
- individual guacamole containers
- lunch prep container of choice (I bought mine from a local restaurant supply store)
Here are the links to the components that make up the bowls. There are other toppings you might want to include for your individual taste. If I was making these for me, I would add some greens, tomatoes, cilantro and maybe a spicy ranch dressing.
Grab your lunch prep container, layer corn salad over rice, add the carne asada beef, add guacamole pack and plastic fork.