We took a trip to Disneyworld in January and stayed at the Old Key West Resort. There were five of us; my husband, 2 Grandmas, the munchkin and I. We booked a 1 bedroom villa through Dave’s Vacation Rentals and it was perfect for our family.
This post contains affiliate links. Please click here for additional information.
I apologize that I don’t have any photos or videos of our room. Keeping it real, I completely forgot.
In addition to the private bedroom, there was a queen sleeper sofa, loveseat, and twin sleeper chair.
The villa was full of amenities to make it feel just like home. My favorite was the washer and dryer. We were able to just take a carry on each and do laundry in our villa.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Pots and pans
- Baking pans
- Cooking utilises
- Pates, cup, and flatware
- Coffee maker
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Alarm Clock with radio
- Soaker/whirlpool tub
- 2 TVs (living room and bedroom)
- DVD Player in living room
- Iron & ironing board
- Washer and Dryer
- In room safe
- Dining room table with 4 chairs
- Patio table with 4 chairs
We took advantage of the full kitchen and drove to Walmart and stocked up on snacks and breakfast items. Eating breakfast in our room most days, saved us money and time.
Pros of Old Key West Resort
- Great value when you rent DVC points or rent it on a Disney promotion.
- Fantastic onsite dining at Olivia’s. It is a hidden gem.
- Ample onsite recreation; 4 pools, community center, movies under the stars, campfire activities, bike rentals, sand volleyball court, general store and more.
- Quick accès to Disney Springs. 10 minutes by bus, 15 walking or 20 minutes by boat.
- Dedicated buses for transportation to the parks. No stopping at other resorts.
Cons of Old Key West Resort
- Old Key West Resort is huge! Disney does provide an in-resort bus to transport guest from their villa to the main hospitality house and marina.
- The decor is outdated. Feels a bit like visitings the grandparents in Florida in the 90s.
- If you have little ones and want that Disney feel, this is not the hotel you are looking for.
For our family, the pros outway the cons. We have stayed at the Old Key West Resort twice and would highly recommend it.
Click here for great rates our Old Key West Resort and other DisneyWorld, Disneyland and Aulani resorts